Who would have thought that we would all be enduring a pandemic of epic proportion this year? It is proving to be a difficult time. Here at the MOSAIC™ Mobile Platform we have been busy moving our clients and their events virtually as outlined in our last two blogs. (Thinking of Hosting a Virtual Event and Hosting a Virtual Event – Part 2) If you don't already have a year-round app to engage your members, now is a great time to consider one. Here are some ideas to keep the engagement going. In today’s app world, you have everything you could ask for with apps including banking, grocery delivery and dining delivery. Why not have an association app for your members?
- Utilize an app that allows your members to renew their membership and register for your virtual events and webinars. You may want to offer multiple payment options during these uncertain financial times.
- Offer this content for your members who were not able to attend for on-demand purchasing. This will increase your revenue in the short term.
- If your organization offers Continuing Education Certification this will increase your virtual event traction.
- Continue to use gamification during your virtual events to offer small rewards such as offering a discount on their membership renewal. Attendees can receive points by taking a quiz, downloading handouts, taking evaluations, etc.
- Send out weekly push notifications with relevant updates of your latest news, announcements and other call to action items for your organization.
- Offer digital resources using an app – this accessibility on a phone and tablet is a premiere member benefit.
We are all in this together! Now would be a great time to supply your members with your organization’s own branded mobile app and add new member benefits and resources.