Why your association needs to budget for a mobile app this year!
“The number of smartphone users worldwide today surpasses three billion and is forecast to further grow by several hundred million in the next few years. China, India, and the United States are the countries with the highest number of smartphone users, with each country easily surpassing the 100 million user mark.“ - https://www.statista.com/statistics/330695/number-of-smartphone-users-worldwide/
Key Mobile App Statistics according to https://buildfire.com/app-statistics/
- Mobile apps are expected to generate $189 billion in revenue in 2020.
- The Apple App Store has 2.2 million apps available for download.
- There are 2.8 million apps available for download on the Google Play Store.
- 21% of Millennial open an app 50+ times per day.
- 49% of people open an app 11+ times each day.
- 57% of all digital media usage comes from mobile apps.
- The average smartphone owner uses 30 apps each month.
The mobile era is now, which is why your association needs to budget for a mobile app in 2020. Be original, be innovative, add value, be interesting, and make your association transparent.
Users experiencing innovations are driving expansion, development and overall growth.
- Alleviate consumer inconvenience by anticipating action (send automated notifications, alerts, and conference information).
- Reducing the cognitive load by simplifying renewals, registrations, and access to event details.
- Improving the experience in hand makes it easier for users to navigate your association's information.
- Open new revenue channels for your association with in-app advertisements, sponsorships, exhibitor exposure, and more.
Boost traffic and strengthen your image through increased engagement
- Link your mobile app directly to your Social Media outlets.
- Be where your members are and remove the distance between your association, members, speakers, and exhibitors to allow communication in forums and through connecting modules.
- Be the mobile app face that is the ‘talk of the town’ - Word of mouth is a valuable marketing opportunity.
Faster, easier and smoother processes add overall value to your association through a paid membership
- Auto Login
- Certification Management
- Easy integration so you can work smarter not harder
- Mobile Check-in
- Online Scheduler
- In-App Payments
Now that you have the statistics and you have the reasons why your association needs to budget for a mobile app in 2020, let’s talk about getting started.